CLASS 1 – EXPLOSIVES
Explosives are materials or items which have the ability to rapidly conflagrate or detonate as a consequence of chemical reaction.
- Division 1.1: Substances and articles which have a mass explosion hazard
- Division 1.2: Substances and articles which have a projection hazard but not a mass explosion hazard
- Division 1.3: Substances and articles which have a fire hazard and either a minor blast hazard or a minor projection hazard or both
- Division 1.4: Substances and articles which present no significant hazard; only a small hazard in the event of ignition or initiation during transport with any effects largely confined to the package
- Division 1.5: Very insensitive substances which have a mass explosion hazard
- Division 1.6: Extremely insensitive articles which do not have a mass explosion hazard
Reason for Regulation
Explosives are capable by chemical reaction of producing gases at temperatures, pressures and speeds as to cause catastrophic damage through force and/or of producing otherwise hazardous amounts of heat, light, sound, gas or smoke.
Commonly Transported Explosives
- Blasting caps / detonators
- Explosive charges (blasting, demolition etc)
- Detonating cord
- Air bag inflators
- TNT / TNT compositions
- RDX / RDX compositions
- PETN / PETN compositions
DGI are proficient in handling explosives, Class 1 Dangerous Goods. DGI have the ability to service all customer requests pertaining to the logistics of explosives; packing, packaging, compliance, freight forwarding and training.